Home Confetti: DIY: A Chandelier That Rocks!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

DIY: A Chandelier That Rocks!

Candy never looked so good! Yup, that's pieces of rock candy threaded onto wire! Created by Laurie Cinotto for Once Wed, this is a great example of turning something as simple as candy into something pretty special! If you want to add some sparkle (dare I use the word bling?!) to your Halloween party, this would make a great conversation piece--and totally works with the whole candy theme! Orange rock candy would be a good idea, too. (Just make sure guests don't try to eat it or pick at it!) You can find the tutorial here. It might not turn out as nice, but I'm wondering if this could be done by attaching rock candy on sticks to the inside of a metal embroidery hoop? Might be worth a try!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love this idea! And I love rock candy sticks, I think you've just inspired a future post!

    I'm so glad to hear about your chance to meet and be involved with Alex's family. It's hurts my heart to know that children out there are fighting for their lives, and I can't wait to be involved myself, I'm looking into making it a school activity!

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips