Home Confetti: Hostess Helper

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hostess Helper

One of my biggest pet peeves during a party is when people randomly leave their dirty glasses and dishes all over the house! They don't really think to put them in the kitchen sink. So, you really need to designate a place for used dishware, and let your guests know. This standing tray set is a huge help when I entertain! I keep it in the corner and add a sign above it politely asking guests to leave their finished drinks and plates on it. Then, when it looks full, I bring the tray to the kitchen in one trip! No need walking around picking them up all over the place. And after spending so much time and effort decorating your tables, you really don't want to tarnish them with dirty dishes! I purchased this set on sale at Pier 1 years ago. I can't even tell you how much I paid for it--but it has certainly been a great help! Best thing is, once the party is over I can fold it and put it away. You could even use a nice tray and luggage rack, if you have one. Consider doing something like this when you plan your parties this season.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you might even be able to use a luggage stand and put a tray on top if you didn't have the "real thing".

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips