Home Confetti: A Treat to Fall For

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Treat to Fall For

So, today's the day... 9 years with my husband John! Since he's been working a lot lately, I wanted to make him a special treat to bring over to his shop as a surprise. In my search, I came across this lovely cake from Sandra Lee. It's a spiced walnut cake with maple cream frosting, and thought it would be perfect! I have to admit, I love Sandra Lee! Her semi-homemade formula of 70% store-bought/30% homemade has helped me get dinner on the table fast on more than one night! I especially appreciate her ability to provide easy recipes, but then create such beautiful presentations with them. This cake is a perfect example. It's actually a mini-cake using a fluted pan. I can envision a small tower of these mini-cakes for a shower or other special fall occassion. I'm attempting it as one large cake. My husband and I had a purple-themed wedding, so I will probably put a few purple flowers in there. A nice way to mark a special occassion and welcome autumn. Get the recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy cake - I love Sandra Lee too. So creative to tie in your purple wedding theme. I love your blog!!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips