Home Confetti: Friday Flashback: Hot Chocolate Lab

Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Flashback: Hot Chocolate Lab

I can't believe that I've been blogging now long enough to have "flashbacks"! But since the Home Confetti reader family has gotten so much bigger since last year, I thought it was worth bringing this one back.

Some of you may remember the Halloween party I had last year for the kids before they all went trick or treating. (If you want to check it out, here's Part 1 and Part 2) Well, I'm not having the party this year, but I think I will re-use this idea for trick or treaters and their parents... a Hot Chocolate Lab. What's better than a cup while walking around in the cold? And I might even sneak some vino in for the adults if that's their choice of poison.

Everyone had fun concocting their own hot chocolate with the beakers and test tubes. And the kids got a real kick out of the names:

Crushed Teeth: Crushed peppermint
Fermented Blood Chips: Cinammon Chips
Ghost Poop: Mini Marshmallows
Ghost Foam: Whipped cream
Powdered Blood: Ground Cinammon
Zombie Nail Bits: Toffee Bits
Dried Snake Skin: Ground Nutmeg
Bad Blood: Hot Chocolate

Try it out–you'll be the "go-to" house of the night!

Sharing With:

6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!! So clever. I love all of the little details :) Visiting from I heart Naptime!

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! LOVE this! so much fun and innovative! thanks for sharing...so glad i found you at whatever goes wednesday -- wishing you all the best and a fabulous day...your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the funnest idea! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get your test tubes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @care: The test tubes were purchased at Michael's. They were originally filled with sprinkles. I've seen them again there this year--so you should be in luck. The beakers were purchased in Target--also originally filled with different hard candies.

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips