Home Confetti: Apron Cupcakes

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Apron Cupcakes

I have been in full prep mode these last few days for Renee and Siena's baking birthday party this Saturday.  (Did I mention I'll be baking with THIRTEEN 6 year olds?!)  But I have to say all the prep work has been fun!  Not sure how many more years we'll be doing these cute home parties, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts... (sniff)

Here is a little peak at one of the things I put together–these adorable apron "cupcakes."  You have probably seen these done with washcloths or burp cloths for a shower.  So simple to put together.  I purchased Wilton baking cups (don't use the standard cupcake liners--they won't stand up well).  Rolled up the apron and held it together with a white hairband.  Using a glue dot, glued a small pom to a white plastic toothpick and stuck it in to add a "cherry."  Voila!

When the girls arrive to the party, they'll be decorating their own chef hat (that I shared here) and an apron.  I think it'll be cute to give them their aprons this way.  Renee and Siena were really excited when they saw them!

You can use this idea for an art or cupcake-themed party.  Put a bunch of them together on a cake stand and use it as a centerpiece for a shower.  I'll have another sneak peak to share before the end of the week.

Sharing with

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips