Home Confetti: Weekend Crafts: Cherishing the Moments

Monday, December 17, 2012

Weekend Crafts: Cherishing the Moments

Like everyone else around the country, I spent a great deal of time watching the news updates on the horrific tragedy that occured in Newtown, CT, shedding tears and trying to understand how something like this could happen. I felt guilty going on with holiday celebrations with my children over the weekend while there are many parents grieving for the huge loss of their own...

The girls and I enjoyed some downtime at home this weekend just working on some random crafts.  And I can tell you that while they carefully worked on these crafts I just watched them with tears in my eyes... cherishing that time together–more so now than I probably would have before Friday.  No matter how big or small the project or event, cherish the moments with your children.

Here are the projects we enjoyed putting together this weekend:

I shared this on Facebook, but we did a test-run of the pinecone tree craft we're planning for the holiday party this week.  I think it's super cute!
The Reindeer juices will be making another appearance this year at the Holiday party! (I bought a case of Tropicana apple juice bottles at Sam's Club)
The annual gingerbread house, along with a foam Christmas tree.  Each was an activity in the girls' Advent Calendar.
And remember the easy holiday magnets I shared with you here? Well, Renee and Siena wanted to make their own for their teachers; they didn't want to give their teachers store-bought magnets.  (I guess I taught them well!)  So, we made these DIY magnets below using clear marbles purchased from the Dollar Tree's floral section.  We Mod Podged their drawings onto the flat side of the marble and then hot-glued magnets to the back.  Their teachers will be getting these along with a small gift card.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips