Home Confetti: DIY Book Page Wreath

Monday, February 25, 2013

DIY Book Page Wreath



I'm hosting a potluck for my book club Friday night.  We're calling it "Cook the Books" - cute, right?  Thanks to the  theme of the night, I have been able to pull off the decorations for less than $10. Yup!  I'm pretty much making all the decorations from a hard cover book I purchased at the Dollar Tree and a scrapbook pad I purchased at Hobby Lobby that was on sale for about $9.

The first thing I made was this wreath for the front door.  You may have seen these around.  I cut a circle from some foam board I had, about 12 inches in diameter.  The tricky part was making the cones.  You start off making a tiny cone in one corner and roll/work your way from there.  As you can see, every time I made a cone it ended up being a different size–but it doesn't seem to matter. Once I had all my cones done, I positioned them around the circle, making the tops of the cones as even as possible, and glued them in place with Tacky Glue.
I used the scrapbook paper and plain white copy paper to create the center.  (I simply traced a bowl to make a perfect circle.  I don't have any of those fancy cutting tools!)  I'm pretty happy with it! You'll have to wait until next week to see how it looks on the front door.

You can use a book page wreath for a vintage or shabby chic themed occasion.  They're so economical to make.  I'll be sharing some other simple DIY projects from the evening, too.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this..... Hopefully I can get started this weekend. It's been a long time since I did anything crafty.

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips