Home Confetti: WALMART SMART TIPS TO HOSTING THE BIG GAME!

Monday, January 27, 2014

WALMART SMART TIPS TO HOSTING THE BIG GAME!

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias
I have a Super Walmart on the way to my girl's school, so you can imagine that I am always in there! It is certainly my go-to when I'm hosting a party.  If you're hosting a party for the big game this weekend, or any big sports party, use these tips so you can sit and enjoy your guests and the game.

MAKE SHOPPING EASY: When it's time to get your #GameTimeGoodies, choose Walmart where you can get everything you need in one place.  I was able to get streamers, paper cups, plates, and grocery items all at Walmart. You'll save yourself plenty of time!  
DECORATE WITH SPORTS STYLE: Even if your favorite team isn't playing, make it fun for guests. If you #shop Walmart, you don't have to pay a ton of money to do it.  I purchased black and white streamers for a referee striped look as my backdrop; black and yellow plastic tablecovers, black cups and plates–all at Walmart.  I scoured the Internet for free printables to accent the table.  (Please make sure to refer to the listings at the bottom to find out which generous bloggers are sharing these fabulous printables.)
Give foods fun themed names. 
CHOOSE EASY TO PREPARE AND EASY TO EAT FOODS: Choose a variety of items that will appeal to your crowd and are easy to prepare. We're Italian, so pepperoni, pizza and lasagna are definitely crowd pleasers in our house! No one wants to be slaving over the stove with company over and an exciting game on, so choose items you can easily slip into the oven and forget about until the timer goes off.  Because the Stouffer's lasagna and DiGiorno pizza required the same temperature, I was able to have them in the oven at the same time, letting me save time.  All of these items were purchased at Walmart.
Hot Pockets are the perfect size to turn into individual portions.  Their liners make eating easy and easy to decorate! I just wrapped my printables around the liners.
Turn the lasagna into personal portions by putting them into ramekins or half pint mason jars.
I re-arranged the pepperoni on the pizza to make it look like a football, and added mozzarella "laces" the last 5 minutes of baking time.

Even if your team loses, ice cream always makes it a happy ending!
The Dreyer's Limited Edition Touchdown Sundae Ice Cream has little chocolate footballs in it. So cute!

Remember: It's not if you win or lose, but how much fun you have!

Sources for printables:
It's Game Time sign:  Hostess with the Mostess
Foam fingers and B/W stripes: Three Little Monkeys Studio
Football laces sandwich wraps: Pizzazzerie
Food labels: Second Chance to Dream
Field placemat: Celebration Shoppe
Go Team banner: Catch My Party

6 comments:

  1. Great tips for great parties ...... thanks so much for posting this - I don't know which to try first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many creative ideas here! You break it down so simply, makes me want to have a football themed party even though I'm not a huge football fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE ONE-STOP SHOPPING!! I think the pizza is my favorite, kids would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have SO MANY incredible ideas for a football party! Your decor is amazing and your food is a great idea. I love the football terms you used, and your ice cream menu. I am going to make the x's and o's on lasagna portions. . . so cute! #client

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table looks so cute! Love all the food holders too! You definitely have a great plan for the perfect Game Day Party! #client

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips